7. T. soy sauce
5. T. sugar
3 T. minced garlic
1 T. sesame oil
2 T. sesame seeds
2 T. green onion, chopped
2 T. cooking wine
1 tsp. pepper
1/8 cup kiwi juice (may substitute apple or pineapple juice)
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 lb. beef (chuck roast, top sirloin, or eye of round cuts work; ask butcher to cut paper thin across the grain)
1. Cut the meat into three parts across the grain.
2. Mix the ingredients together, starting with the dry ingredients. Mix ingredients with beef (put in the sliced onions as well) pull apart the meat.
3. Marinate about 30 minutes to overnight.
4. Heat the pan (no oil).
5. With strong heat, put the beef in the pan and leave until the bottom of the meat is done.
6. Turn over and cook the other sides of the meat
7. When the meat is done, put in a little bit of sesame oil.
8. Cook about one more minute and turn off the heat (Note: if you overcook it, the smell of the oil will disappear)
9. Serve & enjoy! Serve with Spicy Cucumber Salad
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD
2 cucumbers, sliced
1 T. hot red pepper powder
1 T. sugar
3 T. vinegar, apple or regular
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. green onions, sliced
Pinch of salt
1 T. sesame seeds, browned
Combine all ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
NOTE: You can also cook the meat over a hot charcoal fire or grill. It can also be broiled in the oven.