So I finally completed an album... October 2013-December 2013. It was a slow endeavor where I learned a few things about how I will use project life....
1. I won't try and scrapbook everything. I keep a blog with our stories and I don't need to replicate every photo in this scrapbook. That took me a while to get over the need to tell everything.
2. Supplies. I started out with every little and then had too much. Learning what I will use and not use makes a huge difference in my productivity. Also finding a good organizational system is key. I have found that kits are a key for me. Although I love the Becky Higgins project life cards, I don't want more than two of each design. I think the new kits have fewer cards. Studio Calico is my current favorite kit.
3. Mobility. I need to have a place where I can quickly move the current layout off the studio table so I can work on another project.
4. Time. I can get hung up on having each layout look just right. I need to remember that this is no longer my job, but just a creative outlet. I will probably set a time limit the next time I do a layout.
5. Photos. I use my instagram account as a basis for my scrapbooks. I can fill in as needed and it just provides and easy way to keep track of the weeks. I tend to scrapbook each week. That seems to be working best for me and will help in the future.
Keeping it simple.....
Too busy, but I really wanted to get this layout done. Tip: really old rub ons should just be thrown away. ugh!
My favorite kind of layout. I love the different papers, textures and elements.
Sorry for the poor quality photos. It was late at night and I just wanted to take the photos and be done.